What is Shop Pay?
Shop Pay 101
Shop Pay is a payment solution that gives you the freedom to buy now and pay later with zero interest. Shop Pay was created by Shopify - the commerce platform trusted by more than 1,000,000 businesses worldwide!
Pay in installments with Shop Pay
After you set up Shop Pay, you'll see the option to pay in installments with Shop Pay when you check out from a participating store with an eligible order. If you haven’t added a debit or credit card to your Shop Pay account, then you can do so during checkout and it’s saved for future purchases.
Affirm's underwriting systems determine whether your first payment is due at checkout or 2 weeks after your purchase. The next 3 remaining installments are automatically charged to your card saved on Shop Pay every 2 weeks.
Eligibility and limitations
To pay in installments with Shop Pay in a participating store, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Reside in the United States.
- Sign up for Shop Pay.
- Add your debit or credit card to your Shop Pay account.
Paying in installments with Shop Pay doesn't impact your credit score. For Shop Pay installments, Affirm will not report to credit bureaus.
The following limitations currently apply to paying in installments with Shop Pay:
- You can't pay for an order in installments if the order includes currency in any form, including virtual and digital currency, like gift cards.
- To qualify, orders need to be between $50 and $1000 USD, inclusive of shipping and taxes.
- If you change your phone number or email within Shop Pay, then you also need to update your information with Affirm before you can pay for another purchase in installments with Shop Pay
Manage payments for installments with Shop Pay
You can log in to Shop Pay to view your order history and payment status for orders that are paid in installments with Shop Pay.
Need more info? Here are the Shop Pay Documents.
Click Here to view the Shop Pay Terms of Service.